meta name="p:domain_verify" content="83432fc69a1d6df071f49df584f9d839 Laurl Designs: Colorful condo- in print

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Colorful condo- in print

I was so excited to be asked to have my colorful condo project published, then the photo shoot day came and they were shooting for "cover tries"... which means she was considering it for the cover. I told myself that everyone has cover try photos taken. Then publishing day came and the email with "Hey Cover Girl" as the subject. I was overwhelmed and honored and stunned... and want to simultaneously buy every copy to share with friends and buy no copies so that everyone can see it! Then to be list with the tag, "Ones to Watch"... what can I say.

So, my Well-made Wednesday this week, is the condo story. Seems a bit big-for-my-britches to call my work "well made", but it is carefully and thoughtfully designed space, which is what being well made is about.

Enjoy the space.

The over all of the space, which required as much seating as possible for a space that is quite small. We have seating for eight for this space designed to entertain.


The chalkboard wall is one of my favorite details. The stenciled  Moroccan lace pattern in orange over the hot pink is perfect for this lively place, layering bohemian pattern in contemporary a palette and ticking the boxes for three great design trends- chalkboards, Moroccan, and pink and orange. It is perfect for everything from menus to homemade Pictionary and provides a peek-a-boo view of the large painting in the bedroom.

All photos courtesy of Birmingham Home and Garden Magazine. Photo credit for all photos: Jean Allsopp

 I am still amazed and I cannot wait for the Industrial Bohemian Romantic bedroom in the space to be completed- moody metals, giant flowers, rumpled bedding, etc.

If you would like to chat about any of the items in the images, or would like me to work on a project with you, please contact me! Use the "let's get social" buttons at the top of the page. I look forward to making your space the best possible you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They will post as soon as they are moderated.