meta name="p:domain_verify" content="83432fc69a1d6df071f49df584f9d839 Laurl Designs: a good home...

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

a good home...

I'm always glad to think that my vintage finds are finding a good home. This week one of my favorite items is heading home... it's original home. How do I know this? Well, the charming toile cup and saucer below is from Judson College.


Made by Wedgwood, this sweet set was dedicated as a Memorial to Margaret Brown Dean of Women 1908-1931 at Judson College. 

The buyer works at Judson College, which is a charming women's college in Alabama. 


I had the pleasure of visiting Judson in my undergrad program at Samford and it is a truly lovely place deep in the heart of the Old South which empowerment the women who attend. I saw that in the artwork on display in the campus art gallery.

I am on a personal hunt for china made for the University of Montevallo,
Alabama College-Pink pattern by Wedgwood China

and I love the fact that I could find some for Judson College and that it is going back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They will post as soon as they are moderated.