meta name="p:domain_verify" content="83432fc69a1d6df071f49df584f9d839 Laurl Designs: Picks of the weekend...

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Picks of the weekend...

Sometimes, you know it when you see it. You just know that it is special, that people will love it. There is a British TV show called Lovejoy, about an antique dealer and the mysteries or sometimes murders that happen around him- a Murder She Wrote, but British and antiques, not books. Lovejoy is the main characters name. And he is a "divy" or someone who can tell, by sight, that what they are seeing is "the real deal" or special or valuable. I like to think I am a divy. But, I think it is more that I study the market that I am selling in to know what is going and what's not. It's more trend spotting.

A few weeks ago I found these flocked reindeer. Part of me said, "plastic reindeer?" and the other part said, "magically kitchy" so I bought them and they sold in 12 hours.
Yesterday, I bought a set of glass Christmas trees and they sold in 12 hours. 

Fortunately, I could get more from the second day of the estate sale. Including the 12 inch tree below.

Along with a lovely Nippon tea set, 

a Limoges tray- both in a violet pattern and a collection of pretty demitasse cups and saucers in pink.


Happy Prissy Christmas! And forgive the quick photo-editing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They will post as soon as they are moderated.