meta name="p:domain_verify" content="83432fc69a1d6df071f49df584f9d839 Laurl Designs: TED talks- now on Public Television

Saturday, May 4, 2013

TED talks- now on Public Television





I have long been a fan of TED talking and I've used quotes from various designers for my graduate school papers. So, to find out that not only can I see clips on Roku, but now they are coming to public TV for all to learn from... well, I could nor be more pleased!

So what is TED talks?  "Ideas worth spreading" indeed! They are a serious of short "lectures" 18-minutes in length from well known people in the Technology, Education and Design world. By bringing them to public television, those without the funds to attend the conferences or access to the internet or a roku box, can now learn from the current world thinkers in real time. Public television will be showing the education portion of TED with well known thinkers in the world of learning like Bill Gates. The show will be airing, locally, on APT main channel and APT world. Click here to see the listing in Alabama or here to link to the TED and TED talks website.
Why am I telling you this on an interior design focused website? I believe in the TED mission and I am hoping that with more exposure to the TED programs, there will in turn increase awareness of design of all kinds.










 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They will post as soon as they are moderated.