meta name="p:domain_verify" content="83432fc69a1d6df071f49df584f9d839 Laurl Designs: popular on pinterest this week

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

popular on pinterest this week

My most popular post on Pinterest this week is a calender of vintage cameras. 
2013 Calendar Vintage Camera Calendar Modern Decor Retro Black and White Geekery For the Photographer, (13) 4 x 6 Fine Art Prints
2013 vintage camera calendar from Etsy. Click me to purchase!
I think vintage cameras not only express the up to the moment style of the time they were made, but they are an inexpensive item to collect! I have a great collection of old cameras on my mantle- most under $20. And you can find them everywhere from thrift shops to online.

Here are some things to be on the look out for when collecting cameras.
1. decide on the type you want to collect- little box cameras, ones with bellows, ones with color, etc.
2. look for the best condition
3. decide if you want the accouterments or not and buy accordingly.

With these three rules in mind, you will be on the road to buying what you want with intentional blinders on to what you do not want.

I choose to mix it up. I picked mostly for the front of the camera- I love the 1920's art deco patterns on the brownies (like the camera for the month of September). Additionally, I love the vintage-y look of a bellow (like the camera for the month of May), so I picked up a couple of them as well.

Want to see more of my pins? Click on the red "follow me on Pinterest" button on the right!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They will post as soon as they are moderated.